Alexander Street Construction
Concrete work will take place at the intersection corners of Alexander Street between Second and Fourth Avenue from October 14 until the last week of October.
Please drive with care, reduce speed and obey traffic controllers and construction signage in the area.
We thank you for your patience and consideration during this construction period, and apologize for any inconvenience.
Puckett's Gulch Stairs Closure
The Puckett’s Gulch stairway at the end of Black Street will be closed from October 5 to October 31 for rehabilitation of the existing stairs.
The City’s contractor, Wildstone Construction, will be rehabilitating the existing Puckett’s Gulch stairway, also known as the Black Street Stairs.
Detours will be in place around the construction site (see map below).
Please obey construction signage.
We thank you for your patience and consideration during the construction period, and apologize for any inconvenience.
For more information, please contact Wildstone Construction at 334-5092 or the City of Whitehorse Engineering Department at 668-8305.
2020 Fourth Avenue Crosswalk Underground Project
The City of Whitehorse will be re-constructing the 4th Avenue crosswalk north of Ray Street on Saturday, August 29 and Sunday, August 30, weather dependent. Please drive with care. Reduce speed, obey traffic controllers and construction signage.
The work includes:
• Removal of sidewalk, curb and asphalt at the crossing
• Installation of roadway conduit crossing, concrete light bases and restoration of the surface
Traffic will be affected and detours will be in place during construction, with single lane traffic in each direction on 4th Avenue. If you have any concerns please contact the City contractor, Castle Rock Enterprises, at 336-1542.
We thank you for your patience and consideration during this construction period, and apologize for any inconvenience. For more information, please contact the City of Whitehorse Engineering Department, 668-8305.
The City has several other projects on the go, which include:
- Watermain improvements at the west end of Porter Creek and on 6th Avenue at Lambert Street;
- Storm sewer upgrades in various neighbourhoods;
- Mount McIntyre stair installation to improve pedestrian connectivity between the Mount McIntyre Recreation Centre and the Canada Games Centre;
- Black Street stairs extension to replace a steep portion of the lower paved trail with stairs; and
- Lewes Boulevard asphalt path construction between Hospital Road and Selkirk School
General Advice During Construction Season
- Traffic is to be controlled by traffic control persons and/or detours for the duration of construction projects.
- Graveled surfaces and dusty conditions may be encountered during construction.
- Please drive with care, reduce speed and obey traffic controllers and construction signage as trucks and equipment are in the area.
- All work is dependent on weather and the work schedule is subject to change.
- Hours of work for most projects is from 7 am to 7 pm.
- Thanks for your patience as we work to improve our City’s infrastructure.
For general information please contact the Engineering Services Department at 668-8305.