Late Payment Reminder
The temporary suspension of late payment charges on water and waste services, garbage collection and other City services will end after September 30, 2020.
Monthly interest rates apply as follows:
Water & Waste Services and Garbage Collection
- Monthly interest charges at a rate of 2% will be applied to outstanding balances as of September 30.
- A 10% penalty will be applied on October 29 for metered accounts and November 29 for residential (flat rate) accounts.
Other City Invoices
- Monthly finance charges at a rate of 2% will be applied on outstanding balances as of October 1.
To pay your accounts online, please visit whitehorse.ca/paynow
A 10% penalty applies on outstanding property tax balances as of September 3. Monthly interest charges at a rate of 0.2042% will be applied as of September 30.
City Hall Hours 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
The period between 8:30 am and 10 am is reserved for seniors, as well as people with limited mobility. Please pay attention to the new signage and floor decals as we continue to do our part to protect visitors and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Mail: Send cheques to 2121 2nd Avenue, Whitehorse, YT, Y1A 1C2
- Drop Box: Place cheques in the drop box at the City Hall entrance on 2nd Avenue.
- In person: Front counter service open from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm; 8:30 am to 10 am reserved for seniors and people with limited mobility.
- Telephone/Internet Banking: Please contact your financial institution to see if they offer telephone or internet banking services.
Please make cheques payable to the City of Whitehorse. Do not put cash in the mail or drop box. Credit card payments are not accepted for property tax payments.
Property taxes are based on a formula that uses the assessed value provided by the Government of Yukon and mill rates established by the City of Whitehorse: Assessment x Mill Rate = Tax Levy
Please note Property Taxes cannot be paid with a Credit Card.
The City of Whitehorse offers a fast and convenient way to receive your utility & tax bill. With our E-Billing system (Esend) you can have your bills sent directly to your email account.
- It is an environmentally friendly option
- It avoids delivery delays
- It is more convenient
How to Enroll
Complete and sign the enrolment/authorization form below. Make sure you fill in all your information correctly including email.
|Accounts Receivable, City of Whitehorse
2121 2nd Avenue
Whitehorse YT Y1A 1C2
|City Hall,21212nd Avenue
Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
For questions regarding Esend please call Accounts Receivable at 667-6401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
As per Bylaw 99-44 and the territorial Senior Property Tax Deferment Act, eligible seniors may enter into an agreement with the City to defer payment of their property taxes on eligible properties. The maximum seniors are eligible to defer is 75% of their property’s assessed value or 50% in case of mobile homes. Eligible seniors must have sufficient property insurance.
For information on the Senior Property Tax Deferral Program click here.
For questions regarding Taxes please call Accounts Receivable at 668-8608 or email email@example.com
Click here for more information from Yukon Government.
Did you know? If your mortgage holder is using the Home Owners Grant towards your payment, the deadline to hand in the HOG application form is June 10, 2020.
The HOG application form is available online for those who pay taxes directly to the City.
Attention! If your taxes are being paid via pre-authorized payments or through your mortgage holder you must apply for your HOG manually using this form.
- Cash, Cheque, Debit
- Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard) - except Property Taxes
- Online Banking through your bank
- For Utilities: search using Whitehorse Utility or City of Whitehorse Utility
- For Property Taxes: search using Whitehorse Taxes or City of Whitehorse Taxes
- Online Payment for Utilities and Other Invoices
- Pre-authorized Payment